Since update 5.0
- We have purchased the unlimited connections license for the games server (the software the game uses to talk to the server) we also upgraded to the ‘pro’ version which lets us send much smaller packets of data between the client and the server and is also more secure.
- We re-wrote the way in which the games talk to the server (again) to greatly reduce the occurrences of lost scores and false disconnects and also make it more secure.
- We consolidated the member upgrade options to a single package. There is no more Silver or Gold, Silver now gets the works!
- We decided that the site will now launch as an invitation only system where you can only join if you are given an invite key by an existing member, we did this to keep the growth steady and to help keep the current close knit feel the private beta has.
- We added Country ‘super groups’ which will enable members to see how their score compares to the rest of their country. More importantly it will make playing games and chatting with people who speak your own language a snip!
- All members can now create groups, they can even password protect them to control who they let join which is great for school/college/work groups.
Some preemptive answers to questions I am sure you have:
- All those who register before we go live will be let in when we go live.
- Each user gets unlimited invites, however they are limited on the number of pending invites they can have at any one time.
- People who are invited also get unlimited invites.
- Even though Silver now has all the benefits of Gold it still has the same cost
- We do not have an exact launch date & time, but we are still aiming for this week.
That’s all I can think of right now.
If you have any questions just post a comment and I will be glad to answer it as best I can.